Responsible provider and subject matter
The responsible provider of the HelloSports app (hereinafter: HelloSports) and the services
offered therein is SIGNA Sports United X GmbH with its registered office in Berlin,
represented by its managing directors Dr. Stephan Zoll and Philipp Rossner (hereinafter:
The object of HelloSports is the collection of activity points by users in fitness or sports
trackers supported by HelloSports (e.g. Fitbit or Strava; hereinafter "activity trackers").
These activity points can be redeemed via HelloSports for vouchers or other benefits (e.g.
discounts in online shops). In addition, participation in so-called challenges is also offered,
through which users can also acquire activity points or vouchers. Other circumstances such as
advancing to certain activity levels or sharing certain content such as photos can also be
rewarded with activity points. In order to earn activity points in HelloSports, the respective
user must connect HelloSports with one or more of the activity trackers used by him/her and
supported by HelloSports. Identical activities recorded or saved via several activity trackers
at the same time are only taken into account once in HelloSports when collecting activity
Scope, conditions of participation and definitions
HelloSports provided by the Provider via the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
(hereinafter each "App Store"). Express reference is made to the data protection provisions of
- Users of HelloSports can only be natural persons and consumers. Users and consumers are
expressly included in these terms.
legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his or her
commercial nor to his or her independent professional activity.
- Natural persons who do not have unlimited legal capacity (in particular minors under the age
of 18) may only use HelloSports with the consent of their legal representative. The Provider
reserves the right to make the use of HelloSports in this case dependent on the submission of
a written declaration of consent by the legal representative.
- If activity points collected via HelloSports are redeemed for vouchers and these vouchers are
used for the purchase of goods, digital content, services or similar in connected webshops,
Registration; conclusion of contract
- Registration of the user is a mandatory requirement for the user to be able to use HelloSports.
Registration can either take place by opening a user account with HelloSports or directly via
an existing account of the user with another service (e.g. Apple, Google, Facebook etc.),
insofar as this is supported by HelloSports.
- A contract for the use of HelloSports is concluded between the Provider and the User by the
User installing HelloSports on his mobile device via an App Store and subsequently registering
with HelloSports as a User. Registration with HelloSports is free of charge.
- A user registers by entering the requested data, clicking on the "Create account" button and
confirming his registration by clicking on the corresponding link in the confirmation e-mail
sent to him. In the case of registration via an existing account of the user with another
service, the contract is concluded immediately upon registration, without any further action
by the user being required. Please also read the information in section II.4 of the HelloSports
- The data requested during registration must be provided completely and correctly by the user.
The user is obliged to keep this data (including e-mail addresses) up to date at all times.
As a matter of principle, the provider does not check the transmitted data for correctness
- Each user can only set up one user account for HelloSports. His/her authorisation to use
HelloSports applies only to him/her personally and is non-transferable.
- With HelloSports, the Provider provides an app for mobile end devices. Use of the app requires
functional scope and technical specifications of the app are described in more detail in the
service description in the App Store.
- The Provider is not responsible for establishing and maintaining the data connection between
the User's IT system and the Provider's server.
- HelloSports is offered subject to availability. An availability of 100 percent is technically
impossible to realise and can therefore not be guaranteed to the user by the provider. However,
the Provider shall endeavour to keep the service available as constantly as possible. In
particular, maintenance, security or capacity issues as well as events beyond the control of
the provider (disruptions of public communication networks, power failures, etc.) may lead to
disruptions or temporary shutdown of the service. As far as possible, the Provider shall carry
out maintenance work during periods of low usage.
- The App is updated by the Provider at irregular intervals. Accordingly, the user shall only
receive the right to use the app in its current version. In contrast, the user has no claim to
the app being in a certain state.
- Without an internet connection, the use of HelloSports is only possible to a limited extent.
Internet providers may always charge fees for the use of an internet connection.
- Registration with HelloSports is free of charge. For any additional services offered by
connected online shops in connection with HelloSports (e.g. premium memberships or similar),
the user must conclude separate contracts with the respective online shops.
Discontinuation of the service; changes in performance
- The provider expressly reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time. The User
cannot derive any claims against the Provider or the online shops connected to HelloSports
solely from or in connection with the discontinuation of the service. Nor does the user have
any claim to the presence or absence of certain functions in HelloSports.
- Activity points already collected when the service is discontinued expire without replacement
unless the activity points have already been converted into vouchers for connected online
shops. The activity points already converted into vouchers can be redeemed at the connected
online shops until the respective expiry date of the vouchers.
- A discontinuation of the service has no effect on vouchers that have already been redeemed.
Furthermore, the Provider reserves the right to change the services offered or to offer
insofar as it is obliged to do so due to a change in the legal situation;
to the extent that he or she thereby complies with a court judgment or an official
decision directed against him or her;
insofar as the respective change is necessary to close existing security gaps;
if the change is only beneficial to the user;
if the change is of a purely technical or procedural nature with no significant impact
on the user; or
this is otherwise reasonable for the user.
- Changes with only an insignificant influence on the functions of the App Service do not
constitute changes in performance within the meaning of this clause. This applies in
particular to changes of a purely graphical nature and mere changes to the arrangement of
Conditions for collecting activity points and
- HelloSports users can collect activity points in the app by connecting one of the HelloSports
connected activity trackers to HelloSports. The activity trackers connected to HelloSports can
be viewed in the app under "Profile". Certain sports activities recorded in the respective
activity tracker (see section 6.2) can then be converted into redeemable activity points in
HelloSports. Identical activities recorded or saved via several sports trackers at the same
time are only taken into account once in HelloSports when collecting activity points. The
provider expressly reserves the right to include other activity trackers in HelloSports in the
future or to remove them again.
- Only certain sports or fitness activities recorded in connected sports or fitness trackers can
be converted into activity points in HelloSports. The Provider expressly reserves the right to
include or remove additional sports in HelloSports in the future. It is also possible that
certain online shops connected to HelloSports will only allow the redemption of activity
points from certain sporting activities (such as running).
- HelloSports users are offered vouchers for online shops within HelloSports against which they
can redeem their activity points. Activity points can only be redeemed via the respective
online shop, not directly via HelloSports.
- It can take up to 24 hours after recording the activities in the sports trackers until the
activity points are available for redemption.
- Activity points are redeemed the moment the user clicks on the "Redeem points" button in
HelloSports. Redeemed points are then no longer available for further redemption, but are
- Activity points have an expiry date of 12 months after which they are no longer available for
redeeming vouchers or other discounts in connected online shops. If activity points are not
redeemed 12 months after they have been transferred to HelloSports, they automatically expire
without replacement and are automatically deducted from the user's existing account.
- Activity points cannot be sold, transferred or assigned and are not redeemable for cash.
- The provider reserves the right to exclude users from the use of HelloSports who have provided
false information during registration or have otherwise acted with fraudulent, misleading or
deceptive intent in or in connection with the use of HelloSports. Further claims by the
Provider for damages or other compensation in connection with such activities remain reserved.
Participation in challenges
- Activity points and vouchers can also be earned by users by participating in challenges.
In a challenge, users are invited to record a certain activity (e.g. running 10 km at a
stretch) with a connected activity tracker and to receive activity points or vouchers if they
complete the activity successfully. To participate in a challenge, the user must click on the
"Accept Challenge" button.
- Participation in a challenge is confirmed to the respective user with a message in the app
that he or she has successfully registered. The user must then complete the required activity
within the defined duration of the challenge and record it with the connected activity tracker.
Challenges usually have a defined duration during which the required activity is evaluated,
provided that the user has confirmed participation. The user can view the remaining time for
the challenge as well as his or her own participation status within the challenge under
"Progress". If the user independently cancels a challenge or if the necessary activities of a
challenge are not performed, the user will not receive any pro rata activity points for the
partially performed activities within the framework of the challenge.
- In the event of an external event (e.g. natural disasters, power cuts, strikes, etc.) that
prevents the Provider from carrying out the Challenges under the described conditions or
hinders a continuation without the Provider being responsible for this, the Provider may, at
its own discretion, cancel the "Challenge" and/or resume it at another time under the same
- If for any reason Challenges fail to run as planned, including due to computer viruses, bugs,
tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the
Provider's control which damages or interferes with the server, the Provider reserves the
right to take any action, modify, cancel the Challenges or exclude Participants.
reasons, unless this is unreasonable for the user. The provider shall notify the user of any
inform the user of his right to object and the significance of the objection period. If the
user objects to the changes within the aforementioned period, the provider is entitled to
exclude the user from using HelloSports when the changes take effect and to delete the
- insofar as it is obliged to do so due to a change in the legal
- to the extent that he or she thereby complies with a court judgment
or an official decision directed against him or her;
- insofar as the respective change is necessary to close existing
- if the change is only beneficial to the user; or
- if the change is of a purely technical or procedural nature without
any significant impact on the user.
- The user's right of termination in accordance with clause 9 remains unaffected by this.
Term and termination
- The user contract concluded upon registration with HelloSports shall run for an indefinite
period. The user may terminate the contract at any time and without notice by sending an
informal e-mail of termination to firstname.lastname@example.org. The user's account will then be
deleted and a confirmation e-mail sent to the user. HelloSports will then delete the user's
account and send the user a confirmation e-mail about the effectiveness of the termination or
the deletion of the customer account. When the cancellation becomes effective, all accumulated
activity points/points are deleted and lose their validity. The deleted activity points cannot
be used for a reactivated customer account or transferred to another customer account.
Activity points already redeemed for vouchers can be redeemed in the respective online shops
until the respective expiry date of the vouchers.
- Termination of this user contract has no effect on the user's access to any customer accounts
with connected online shops. These are managed exclusively by the online shops.
- The provider also has the right to terminate the user contract at any time without notice. The
provisions of clause 9.1. shall apply accordingly in this case.
Obligations of the user when using HelloSports
- The user can upload a profile picture in HelloSports and, if necessary, add further information
to his profile or provide other content. All of this is hereinafter referred to as "uploading
content" or "uploaded content".
- Each user is solely responsible for the content posted, in particular for its truthfulness and
legal harmlessness. The user shall ensure that the content posted does not violate these Terms
of Use or applicable law.
- The user declares and assumes responsibility that he has the right to use the content used in
his entries. In particular, he/she shall ensure that no rights of third parties are infringed
by his/her entries, in particular copyrights, trademark rights and personal rights as well as
rights of a competitive nature.
- The content posted by a user on HelloSports is solely attributable to the respective user and
does not reflect the views of the provider. The provider does not guarantee the accuracy of
the content and it is not possible for the provider to control files and content uploaded,
transmitted or posted by users on HelloSports. Each user is responsible for critically
checking the truthfulness of content.
- In principle, the user is liable for all activities carried out using his access, insofar as
he is responsible for this. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of
the access data. He must ensure that they are not accessible to third parties. The user must
inform the provider immediately if there are indications that his access is being or has been
used by third parties.
- The user may not use HelloSports in a way that adversely affects the availability of the app
(e.g. uploading large files, spam). The Provider reserves the right to limit the amount of
data for uploads in order to ensure the availability of the app. The use of crawlers or
similar tools is also prohibited.
- Insofar as the Provider becomes aware that one of the posted contents violates the
aforementioned regulations or if the Provider is requested to do so by a third party claiming
a violation, the Provider is entitled to immediately remove the content in question and to
block the violating user and/or to delete his account and to exclude him from future use of
Granting of rights of use by the provider
- The Provider grants the User a simple, non-transferable right, limited to the duration of the
- Commercial exploitation of the app is not permitted.
- With regard to profile photos uploaded by the user, the user expressly agrees that the
provider may make these photos publicly accessible to other users for the duration of the user
- Users are not granted any editing rights. This also prohibits, in particular, changes to the
software within the scope of reverse engineering.
- The user may not make HelloSports accessible to third parties unless this is absolutely
necessary to achieve the purpose of use of the app. The user shall ensure that he does not
provide third parties with any means of circumventing access to HelloSports.
- The other statutory and contractual provisions shall remain unaffected.
- The Provider shall be liable to the User for all contractual, quasi-contractual and statutory,
including tortious, claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses as follows:
The provider shall be liable without limitation for every legal reason
- in the event of intent or gross negligence,
in the event of intentional or negligent injury to life, limb or health,
on the basis of a guarantee promise, unless otherwise regulated in this respect,
- on the basis of mandatory liability such as under the Product
- If the provider negligently breaches an essential contractual obligation, liability is limited
to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract, unless liability is unlimited in
accordance with section 12.1 above. Material contractual obligations are obligations which
the contract imposes on the provider according to its content in order to achieve the purpose
of the contract, the fulfilment of which makes the proper performance of the contract possible
in the first place and compliance with which the user may regularly rely on.
- In all other respects, any liability on the part of the Provider is excluded.
- The above liability provisions shall also apply with regard to the liability of the Provider
for its vicarious agents and legal representatives.
- The Provider shall not be liable for data loss caused by technical failures, interrupted data
transmissions or other problems and damages in this context for which it is not responsible.
The Provider shall not be liable for damage caused by the disruption of its operation or the
operation of its app as a result of force majeure, riots, acts of war and natural disasters
or as a result of other events for which it is not responsible (e.g. strikes, lock-outs,
traffic disruptions, orders by public authorities in Germany and abroad) or which are
attributable to technical problems for which it is not responsible. This also applies if
these disruptions occur at third parties commissioned by the provider.
or become invalid or unenforceable after conclusion of the contract, the validity of the remainder
of the contract shall not be affected. This provision is not only a mere reversal of the burden of
proof, but also an overall waiver of the provisions of § 139 BGB.
Applicable law, contractual language
Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Mandatory consumer protection provisions of the
law of the state in which a consumer has his habitual residence remain unaffected.
- The contractual language is German.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The EU Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution on the internet at the following link:
This platform serves as a contact point for the out-of-court settlement of disputes arising
from online purchase or service contracts involving a consumer.
- The Provider is neither obliged nor willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure
before a consumer arbitration board.